The pool season is an exciting time of the year when we all want to make the most of the sun and water. Whether you have a pool in your own backyard or you’re heading to a public pool.
There are several ways to make the most of this season. In this article, we’ll give you some tips and tricks to enjoy the pool season to the fullest.
Prepare yourself before entering the water
- Apply sunscreen: Before getting into the water, make sure to apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30. This will help protect your skin from harmful UV rays and prevent sunburn.
- Bring a towel and extra clothes: It’s important to bring a towel to dry off after getting out of the water. You can also bring additional clothing, such as a shirt or dress, to cover your skin when you’re not swimming.
- Wear sunglasses: The sun can be very bright when you’re at the pool, so it’s recommended to wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from UV rays and reduce glare.
- Bring a water bottle: It’s important to stay hydrated while under the sun and in the water. Bring a water bottle with you to ensure you’re drinking enough fluids throughout the day.
Make the most of low-attendance hours
One excellent way to make the most of the pool season is by attending during low-attendance hours. Going early in the morning is a recommended option, as the hours after the pool opens are typically less crowded. This will allow you to enjoy the water in a more peaceful environment and have more space available.
Another option is to go in the late afternoon when many people leave before the pool closes. At this time, you will also encounter fewer people, providing a more relaxing experience.
Weekdays are another opportunity to enjoy the pool with fewer crowds, as they are usually less busy compared to weekends. If you have the flexibility to visit the pool on a weekday, you can avoid the crowds and have more space to enjoy the water.
Additionally, it is advisable to research the low-attendance hours of the pool you plan to visit. Some pools have specific hours with less attendance, so you could plan your visit based on those hours to enjoy a quieter and more relaxed experience.
Exercise in the water
One of the wonderful benefits of the pool is that it provides an opportunity to exercise in a refreshing and enjoyable way. Here are different ways to exercise in the water:
- Swimming: Swimming is an excellent option for exercising in the water. You can swim different styles, such as freestyle, breaststroke, or backstroke, to work different muscle groups.
- Water Aerobics: Water aerobics is a form of exercise done in the water. These classes typically include aerobic movements, such as running or jumping in the water, combined with strength and flexibility exercises.
- Aquafitness: Aquafitness is a form of exercise that combines different disciplines, such as pilates, yoga, or strength training, adapted to the water environment. These classes often utilize floats or special equipment to add resistance in the water.
- Water Therapy: Water therapy is a low-impact exercise performed in shallow water. It involves gentle and controlled movements that help strengthen muscles, improve flexibility, and increase cardiovascular endurance.
Organize Fun Water Activities
One option is to organize a water volleyball match. With a floating net and a ball, you can enjoy the thrill of friendly competition while floating in the water. Another idea is to organize a float race, where participants swim or walk with their floats towards a predetermined goal.
You can also organize a swimming relay, where teams compete to swim a certain distance and pass an object, such as a ball, to the next swimmer. This activity promotes teamwork and speed in the water. Another option is to create a water treasure hunt. Place floating objects in different areas of the pool and divide participants into teams to find them.
Additionally, there are classic water games that you can adapt to the pool, such as water tag, musical chairs in the water, or hot potato with a ball. These games will provide fun and entertainment for all participants.
Keep Safety in Mind
Keeping safety in mind is essential when organizing water activities. There are several important measures you should consider to ensure the safety of all participants. First and foremost, make sure to have proper supervision at all times.
Additionally, it is crucial to assess the water depth in the area where the activities will take place. Ensure it is safe for all participants, taking into consideration their swimming abilities. If necessary, establish specific areas for activities that are more suitable based on each person’s skill level.
Another important aspect is safety equipment. If floats or other types of equipment are used, verify that they are in good condition and available for all participants who may need them.
It is vital to have at least one person present with basic knowledge of first aid. This way, they can quickly respond to any emergency situations in the water and provide necessary care. This includes knowing how to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and being familiar with the steps to take in case of injuries or accidents.
Additionally, establish clear rules and communicate them to all participants before starting the activities. Ensure that they understand the rules and safety boundaries. This will help prevent accidents and ensure that everyone can enjoy safely.
The pool season is an exciting time to enjoy the water and the sun. Prepare properly before entering the water, take advantage of less crowded hours, exercise in the water, organize fun activities, and keep safety in mind.
Remember to enjoy every moment and create unforgettable memories at the pool. Make the most of this season by following these tips!!!